This project is perfect in warmer weather, but since we live in Miami we can do it all year.
Ice Smashing! Everyone feels at some point in time if they just hit something they would feel so much better. Well children are the same way. They have to to release frustration, energy, or just think it is neat to break things. This project is perfect for this.
What you need:
- Plastic mixing bowl – I use a medium to large but any size will do.
- Random toys- I use some Matchbox cars, alphabet magnets, dinosaurs. Things that don’t break easily when hit.
- Hammer or Mallet. Depending on the age of you child and how you feel about you child playing with a hammer.
- Plenty of outdoor space or a patio so the sun helps melt the ice. ICE WILL FLY!
- Optional: Food Color, Glitter
Fill your plastic mixing bowl 3/4 full of water. If you want to add food coloring and glitter now is the time to do it.
Add your toys
Freeze overnight. I usually cover the bowl with Press N Seal wrap.
Go outside to the patio or where ever you plan on letting your child smash.
Place your bowl upside down and gently knock around the base to release the ice from the bowl.
Have your child let their inner Hulk out and SMASH SMASH SMASH!!!!!
We did two bowls, a red and blue.
REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!