If you or your children haven’t heard any of the song from Big Green Rabbit y’all are missing out. Not only are they fun songs they are also rather educational. Jackson loves them and I actually love YouTube for having the different songs on there.
Since Jackson’s favorite is Green Anaconda (it is his go to song when he has watched to many Angry Bird videos) we decided to make a green anaconda out of socks.
What you need:
– Kelly Green fabric dye (or any green you want, more natural than neon though)
– Old socks (we used a tube sock and an ankle sock that didn’t have a match)
– 2 googley eyes
– Red felt (used for the tongue, ours was hot pink though)
– Brown Fabric Pen
We dyed the socks a few weeks ago, I didn’t take pictures. Follow the directions located on the dye package.
Fold the sock inside out, slide it onto the other sock and sew the tops together. Make sure you are able to fold the top sock back over the other so the “mouth” is out. This will make your snake longer.
(I know I should of sewn it so the seam is inside. It didn’t occur to me until after the fact.)
Start feeding your snake some stuffing! Insert through the mouth.
Sew your mouth.
– Take your bottom lip and pinch the tip so it folds in half. Add your felt tongue in the back of the bottom lip.
– Take your top lip and pinch the top making it lay flat just the like bottom lip. However, this time make the top
overlap the bottom.
Place your googley eyes.
We drew some brown ovals down the back of the snake to make it look like the video.
This little project took about 20 minutes to make ( not including dye time)
I hope you enjoy your green anaconda for your little snake enthusiast.